- Sultan Qaboos Award for volunteering
- Sultan Qaboos Award for Excellence in eGovernment
- Sultan Qaboos Award for Environmental Preservation
Sultan Qaboos Award for volunteering
The Sultan Qaboos award for volunteering services aims to support and recognize the efforts of the positive impact the social volunteers create within the community of the Sultanate of Oman. This newly installed honour encourages every member of the society who is eligible to apply for as a nominee, to come forward and provide ideas and earnest efforts voluntarily.
The main objectives of this award include:
- To establish and promote a culture of volunteerism and highlight its importance in the service of family and community.
- To highlight the role of associations and institutions in the voluntary work, as a key partner in the comprehensive social development and sustainable development in the country.
- To highlight the spirit of constructive competition between community service associations, institutions and individuals affiliated with the areas of voluntary work.
- To encourage cooperation and social responsibility within the community and support cooperation between voluntary organisations or societies and the government.
Sultan Qaboos Award for Excellence in eGovernment
Sultan Qaboos Award for Excellence in eGovernment comes to ensure what his majesty stressed on in his supreme speech on the benefits of ICT at Oman Council in 2008. As ICT became the main core of development in the third millennium, Sultan Qaboos concerned about finding a national strategy to improve the capabilities and skills of citizens in dealing with IT.
The award objectives:
- To encourage governmental entities to speed up its performance by using IT, motivate it to carry out new electronic projects and continuously develop its eservices.
- To improve the quality of eservices provided and facilitate their procedures.
- To award excellent and creative ideas related to providing e-government services.
- To enhance and activate the government policy about transferring the Omani economy to IT-based economy. That is for achieving economic and social benefits for the society under the framework of sustainable development.
- To set up standards and frameworks to measure the progress of e-government and its correspondence with the highest international standards.
- To encourage people to come up with new and creative ideas about digital sphere.
Sultan Qaboos Award for Environmental Preservation
The Sultan Qaboos Prize for Environmental Preservation exemplifies the role of the Sultanate in preserving the environment in which it has gained fame regionally and internationally. Thanks to the royal directives of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said and the great efforts made by the concerned authorities in the Sultanate in this area. It comes by the coordination between the Omani National Committee for Education, Culture, Science and the delegation of the Sultanate's Permanent Representative to the UNESCO to emphasize the great role played by the Sultanate in the field of environment protection and conservation in collaboration with the "Man and the Biosphere", known as "MAB" projects of the UNESCO. This award was installed to commemorate His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said's visit to the headquarters of UNESCO in 1989. It recognizes the excellence of contributions to preserving the environment at a global level.
The objectives of the award include:
- To motivate individuals to contribute in the preservation of the environment.
- To raise awareness through preparing materials and activities to inform the society about environment.
- To reward outstanding contributions by individuals and organizations in the management and preservation of the environment.