Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
The Ministry of Housing is considered one of the ministries included under the services ministries sector . Among its objectives is to regulate land uses through preparing plots detailed plans for the regions and governorates of the Sultanate and distributing these lands to eligible citizens in accordance with applied laws. Additionally, it provides housing units through the housing assistance scheme and non - interest housing loans program. The Ministry is also responsible for registering and archiving all original and dependant rights of the real estate units and regulating its transactions.
The vision of the Ministry of Housing involves regulating and maintaining land uses, and providing suitable housing for the eligible categories.
- Regulating land uses through preparing detailed plans for all Omani regions in order to be used for housing and economical purposes in addition to the needs of the state administrative apparatus and public authorities.
- Distributing the planned lands based on their uses in accordance with the Law of lands. li>
- Reviewing possession applications of undeveloped and occupied lands.
- Providing suitable healthy housing for eligible nationals through the housing assistance and non-interest housing loans programs.
- Preserving and maintaining citizens properties by registering private properties in the Land Registry and facilitating its transactions.
- Preparing studies, researches, and detailed maps for the areas, and for structural planning in coordination with the concerned authorities and in line with the economical, social, and structural development plans in the Sultanate.
- Putting lands in possession and granting lands usufruct in coordination with other government entities, and leasing lands to citizens in accordance with the applied rules and regulations.
- Allocating plots of land needed by the state administrative apparatus units, and the public organizations and establishments, and other legal entities to perform its duties.
- Registering all transactions and original and dependant rights of the real estate units and regulating its transactions., and documenting relevant instruments and legal transactions in accordance with the land registry system, and issuing title deeds.
- Performing social and economical studies to determine future requirements of social housing and housing loans. Preparing and implementing plans and programs of social housing and loans for limited income citizens.
- Representing Oman in the regional and international conferences, seminars, and meetings that relate to terms of reference of the Ministry.