Oman Medical Specialty Board
OMSB was established by the Royal Decree 31/2006 issued on 03 Rabai I, 1427 H, corresponding to April 2, 2006. It is an au¬tonomous body located in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. OMSB formulates proper standards and criteria for practicing health¬care professions. It also aims at upgrading professional perfor¬mance, developing skills that enrich scientific literature, and properly applying knowledge in the various fields of health¬care specialties.
Leading the advancement of medical professions to ensure excellence in healthcare.
We are an autonomous body furthering the growth of human resources for health, through developing specialized physicians and assuring the competencies of health care professionals for a healthier and a happier community.
- Set up, design, supervise, and approve postgraduate medical specialty programs as well as set up continuing medical education programs in all medical specialties.
- Accredit and evaluate health institutions utilized for training purposes.
- Supervise specialty professional examinations and approve the examination results.
- Issue professional and specializations certificates to doctors (diplomas, board memberships, fellowships).
- Verification and equivalence of all health professions degrees.
- Organize conferences and seminars in medical education, and follow up the recommendations and decisions related to them.
- Encourage scientific research and propose the topics.
- Accredit postgraduate medical education for medical human resources.
- Accreditation and insurance of completion of continuing professional development activities for all health professions.